What is Apostles Build?
This type of build is a partnership that allows twelve individual churches to join together to fully fund and build a house for a local family. As Jesus’ original apostles were charged with spreading the word about Jesus, our twelve apostles are charged with assisting in Habitat’s mission to provide decent, affordable shelter for God’s children.
Each Apostle Build church will provide funding and volunteers to help construct the house. To ensure each volunteer’s experience is full of joy and blessings, they will be working alongside Habitat staff, core crew volunteers and Habitat partner families. Together we will build a house for a partner family to turn into a home. This house will be sold to a partner family under our Homeownership Program.
Why partner with Habitat for Humanity?
Some of the benefits for your church are:
- Strengthening your own faith and spiritual lives as you empower others as you become God’s hands and feet in the service world,
- Attracting and engaging new people to become a part of your faith community,
- Engage active and inactive members of the congregation by providing an opportunity to see a tangible result of their efforts as they work side-by-side,
- Serving as a catalyst for excitement about serving in your community, and
- Building a home right here in our community together.
Galatians 5:14 tells us: For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Ways to be a part of Apostles Build
Click here to donate to help build the Apostles Build house.
Each ‘apostle’ will be responsible for:
- Helping to provide funding needed for the construction of a house whether through direction donation or fundraising,
- Helping to provide volunteers to build the house from the ground up. No experience or expertise is required; anyone with experience is always helpful!
- Supply lunches during build days for the volunteers,
- Provide a lead contact person to work closely with Habitat’s Program Coordinator to schedule build days and ensure volunteer needs/expectations are met.
Want to learn more or become involved? Complete the form below.